Cyclothymic Cister

Before the Internet, I used to lie in bed at night composing thoughts as if I were talking to a wise entity. (An actual face never came to mind). I would re-word and re-phrase the thoughts till they were crystal clear. Now I can blog. And hopefully, there are a lot of wise people with real faces out there who might just comment back.

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Little Gesture--Huge Impact

Lately I haven’t had anything to say. Even now I find it hard to write these words. Maybe I’m content, maybe I am tired, or maybe I’m just uninspired. I trust, however, that my need to express myself will return, sooner rather than later. But there is one thing that I feel the need to tell. It is about an act of kindness performed by my husband.

I go to bed early to read and watch TV, while my husband does his reading in another room. I always have a caffeine-free diet coke on my nightstand. And I usually fall asleep too early, only to wake up later wanting a drink of my diet coke.

Last night was no different except when I picked up the can of coke it was empty. So I sat it back down. When I did, it made that “empty soda can” sound. Well, don’t you know, that my husband heard that sound from the other room and brought me a fresh diet coke from the frige.

I’ll remember that the next time I’m inclined to get peeved at him.

4 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Anonymous nolinmom said...

That WAS a really nice gesture. Isn't it amazing how the little things can make up for so many of the big ones?

 
At 1:19 AM, Blogger Mrs Guru said...

I just found your blog and thoroughly enjoyed it. Sometimes it is hard to find inspiration to blog but you'll work through it. I did some internet research on blog journal topics the other night and came away with 2 page of potential topics and was once again regenerated.

Looking foward to more posts!

Warmly,

Connie
www.mrsguru.com

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Cyclothymic Cister said...

Thanks Mrs guru for you comments. Glad you stopped by. One or two comments from readers and I'm inspired to write again!

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous aj-today said...

My husband would never think of something like that. I'm jealous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home