Cyclothymic Cister

Before the Internet, I used to lie in bed at night composing thoughts as if I were talking to a wise entity. (An actual face never came to mind). I would re-word and re-phrase the thoughts till they were crystal clear. Now I can blog. And hopefully, there are a lot of wise people with real faces out there who might just comment back.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Revved Up


My husband and I went to a car dealership to test drive a car of the type that I’m thinking about buying. The salesman said he had one on the lot, so we walked over to take a look. When the salesman saw that the sticker on the car window read “5 speed manual” he said (looking at me), “Oh, are you the one driving? I didn’t realize it was a 5 speed.”

I replied graciously saying, “Yes, I’m the one driving, but that’s ok. I’ve been driving a stick shift for many years.

What I WANTED to say is: Why do you assume that since I’m a woman that I can’t drive a stick shift. I have been driving one since I was 16 years old and I’m fifty now. And unless your name is Mario, I can probably drive one better than you!

3 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Chicka said...

Jerk! Sheesh.

(Of course I would've said, "Well my husband never complains about how I handle his stick...*snerk*)

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger cardiogirl said...

I would say he assumed that because he's a jack@ss. But that's just my two cents.

 
At 10:29 PM, Anonymous nolinmom said...

Clearly, since you use the *wrong* bathroom, you have no idea how to operate certain types of equipment. Geesh....what a bonehead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home