Cyclothymic Cister

Before the Internet, I used to lie in bed at night composing thoughts as if I were talking to a wise entity. (An actual face never came to mind). I would re-word and re-phrase the thoughts till they were crystal clear. Now I can blog. And hopefully, there are a lot of wise people with real faces out there who might just comment back.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Scratch and Dent

There is already a big scratch. On our new hardwood floors. In a very visible spot.

When we discovered the scratch on the floor I immediately remembered a scene out of a book (a true story, entitled “A Severe Mercy” by Sheldon VanAuken). A young couple were madly in love so they made a pact to let nothing come between them, including material possessions. To ensure that didn’t happen, they purposely put a dent in their new car so the shiny new automobile would not become an icon.

In response to that anecdote my husband said, “Well, we won’t be worshiping our new floors any time soon.”

2 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Anonymous cardiogirl said...

That's very noble.

But it sucks, nonetheless.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Cyclothymic Cister said...

My sentiments exactly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home