Cyclothymic Cister

Before the Internet, I used to lie in bed at night composing thoughts as if I were talking to a wise entity. (An actual face never came to mind). I would re-word and re-phrase the thoughts till they were crystal clear. Now I can blog. And hopefully, there are a lot of wise people with real faces out there who might just comment back.

Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Husband Did it Again

My husband rescued another kitten. This one was found on our vacant lot in an old iris bed. Her crying could be heard over machinery and men's voices. My husband's ears are tuned in to hear meows so he searched her out and picked her up in his arms. The horrible thing is, the kitten had been thrown in a fire. Her hair was singed, her whiskers were curled and she had no eye brows. (Thank goodness there were no burns on her body). Now she is at our house and doing well. She is a calico. We named her Varie, as in Variegated.






4 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous cardiogirl said...

I love kittens! My daughter is allergic, so we are feline-free, but oh how I miss my feline action. I'll just have to settle with your photos of Varie.

p.s. Welcome back!

 
At 5:34 AM, Anonymous cardiogirl said...

p.s. I forgot to mention Varie's paws and legs are HUGE, I think she's going to grow up into quite a large cat judging by the size of those paws.

Just more cat to love.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Chicka said...

OMG! Too cute.

I'm allergic too, so no more kitties for me. I've had cats all my life!! Now we have a bearded dragon. He's loveable too, but just not the same kind of snuggly.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Cyclothymic Cister said...

Hey cardio and chicka! Sorry about the allergies to cats. There's nothing like having a cat--and every cat is different.

Varie is growing! and her hair is filling out from where it had been singed.

A bearded dragon? That's about right, Chicka! Thanks for finding me again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home