Cyclothymic Cister

Before the Internet, I used to lie in bed at night composing thoughts as if I were talking to a wise entity. (An actual face never came to mind). I would re-word and re-phrase the thoughts till they were crystal clear. Now I can blog. And hopefully, there are a lot of wise people with real faces out there who might just comment back.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Raining Cats and Dog(s)

I haven’t updated you lately on the pet situation. You may remember that a while back I thought the answer to my problems was a German Shepherd Dog. And you may remember that it didn’t work out because she didn’t like the cats. We had five cats (now six) and of course the cats were first. So the dog went back.

Then, my daughter came to stay with me and brought with her a mother cat with five kittens and a Chihuahua. They would have died if left in the environment they were in. I’m a rescuer by nature (whether it be human or animal), so our household grew.

Well, the daughter left—leaving the pets behind. We found good homes for the mother cat and four of the kittens. We kept one kitten (on purpose) and the Chihuahua by default. His name is Tiny.

Tiny had been abused for the first year of his life. My daughter took him in. Then her ex started abusing the poor thing. He was about a day away from dying when we got him

Now Tiny is a happy healthy little thing—very shy around men, but loves children and other animals. I guess we’ll keep him.

Isn’t life ironic? First I had a majestic, beautiful well-bred, highly trained German Shepard Dog. Now, as if God is keeping my pride in check, the German Shepherd has been replaced by an in-bred, misfit, homely, four pound character who has a crooked jaw, turned-in ankles, buggy eyes, a scar on his head and who snores at night. But over-all, he is the better choice.

3 Comments:

At 5:40 AM, Anonymous cardiogirl said...

Yes ma'am, God works in mysterious ways.

Tiny looks so much like a dog my grandparents had 30 years ago. His name was Chi Chi and he did not like children. I had a quick flashback when I saw the first photo of Tiny. I am a huge cat lover so of course I was drooling all over the photos of the cats.

Oh yeah! Your granddaughter is beautiful!

 
At 9:42 PM, Anonymous nolinmom said...

You know, I was never a fan of little dogs. I like BIG dogs and haven't had much to do with anything smaller than a beagle. But Lon's mom has a chihuahua named Tia, and she has got to be the sweetest thing I ever met. Whenever I go to visit her, that dog is up in my lap and loving on me like I'm the only person in the world. I've kinda grown fond of the breed as a result...

 
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Rosalyn said...

Well written article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home