Cyclothymic Cister

Before the Internet, I used to lie in bed at night composing thoughts as if I were talking to a wise entity. (An actual face never came to mind). I would re-word and re-phrase the thoughts till they were crystal clear. Now I can blog. And hopefully, there are a lot of wise people with real faces out there who might just comment back.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Haunting Dreams


My new blogging friend, Cardio Girl, has been mentioning her dreams of late. I’ve also been “blessed” with vivid dreams all of my life. Some of them are so vivid that I have haunting feelings the entire next day. This morning was one of those times

In my dream, I had just purchased a beautiful sorrel mare. She was mature and highly trained with an excellent temperament. When she arrived at my place, I let her run around in a paddock to stretch her legs.

The weather was very hot and the horse quickly worked up a lather. A friend that was visiting asked if he could hose her down to which I agreed. The friend also provided the horse with a bucket of water and she drank her fill.

Upon returning to the house the reality hit me that this horse was going to be a real delight. We had bonded immediately and with her training and temperament it was going to be a pleasure to go riding. So, I changed my shoes and went back out to the paddock to go riding. To my shock and dismay, the horse was dead.

I cried with body-jerking sobs. I cried with the same intensity intermittently for days. When I awoke I had a heavy sadness hanging over me. It has been haunting me all day.

3 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger aj-today said...

One of my most passionate and moving dreams was about a horse. How much I loved it and how I hugged its neck. That dream wasn’t tragic like yours, but it did stay with me for days. There must be something about horses. Do you dream about them a lot?

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Cyclothymic Cister said...

Yes, I dream about horses from time to time and they are like your dreams: I love the horse so much and we always have a special bond. This is the first dream where the horse died.

I dream about dancing periodically, also. I pirouette and waltz with such grace and with such joy across the dance floor.

So, I like the quote from the Horse Whisperer from an old cowboy while at a barn dance. He said, Horses and dancing--it's allthe same damn thing. " I agree. They are the same thing and I love them both passionately.

I am looking forward to heaven where I can do them both with esctacy.

 
At 7:00 AM, Anonymous cardiogirl said...

Oh, how I dislike those types of dreams - the kind that stay with you like a heavy wool sweater plastered to your back. Isn't it amazing the depth of feeling you can experience in a dream and how it lingers in reality.

Perhaps it means we are more empathetic than most...

p.s. Thanks for the shout out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home