Cyclothymic Cister

Before the Internet, I used to lie in bed at night composing thoughts as if I were talking to a wise entity. (An actual face never came to mind). I would re-word and re-phrase the thoughts till they were crystal clear. Now I can blog. And hopefully, there are a lot of wise people with real faces out there who might just comment back.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Publishing Rights

Since I would like to write for publication again someday (and get paid for it), I wondered if entries published on a personal blog might be considered “published”, or “previously published”, thus jeopardizing the sell of “first rights”.

I did a little Internet research and found this:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/35468156202@N01/discuss/41469/

So, it turns out I was right to be concerned. There were a few ideas I had considered posting, that could develop into lengthier essays that may have potential elsewhere, but I waited until I did the above research. Now I'm glad I waited.

Just thought some of you writers out there would like to know, if you didn't already.

2 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger hanmee said...

Good to know!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger aj-today said...

Invaluable information. Thanks for doing the research.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home