Cyclothymic Cister

Before the Internet, I used to lie in bed at night composing thoughts as if I were talking to a wise entity. (An actual face never came to mind). I would re-word and re-phrase the thoughts till they were crystal clear. Now I can blog. And hopefully, there are a lot of wise people with real faces out there who might just comment back.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

One of the Chosen

A few weeks ago I was privileged to be one of the 400 readers to be given an Advanced Reader Copy of Philip Yancey’s upcoming book. The book will be released in September. It is titled: Prayer, Does it Make Any Difference?

I just finished reading it and taking the survey for the Yancey team.

All of Philip Yancey’s books are worth reading—again and again. He, like most of us, has doubts but is not afraid to make his doubts public. From that premise, mixed with faith, he unravels deep and troubling questions regarding Christian theology. I always come away feeling encouraged and enlightened.

Here are a few titles:

The Jesus I Never Knew
The Bible Jesus Read
What’s So Amazing About Grace?
Where is God When it Hurts?
Reaching for the Invisible God
Rumors of Another World
Church, Why Bother?
Soul Survivor
Disappointed With God
Fearfully and Wonderfully Made (co-authored with Dr. Paul Brand)

If you haven’t discovered this author, please give him a try.
http://www3.zondervan.com/features/authors/yanceyp/

2 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

I'll have to check his books out. Sounds like his topics are right down my alley.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger aj-today said...

Sounds like Yancey covers it all. I'm sure my weak and questioning faith would benefit from his writings if only I had the self-discipline to read them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home