Cyclothymic Cister

Before the Internet, I used to lie in bed at night composing thoughts as if I were talking to a wise entity. (An actual face never came to mind). I would re-word and re-phrase the thoughts till they were crystal clear. Now I can blog. And hopefully, there are a lot of wise people with real faces out there who might just comment back.

Friday, August 25, 2006

The "Melt Down"

A shift in climate has occurred. The iceberg has melted.

I would like to say that with a reverberating crash it fell into the sea of forgetfulness. But it was more like a slow melt. The measured, forceful movement caused rocks and dirt to be pushed to the surface, leaving deep craters. Gradual trickles filled the scarred earth with still waters—somewhat cool for now, but placid.

(Seventy times seven? Yes, and then some).

3 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger Chicka said...

I've got some crack spackle for that crater if you'd like. And I promise I won't try to use a leaf blower to get rid of the dust.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

I gotta say, putting your pain aside, this is well written and very descriptive. I hope things are stable for you now.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Cyclothymic Cister said...

Jordan,
Thanks for the compliment about my writing. That makes up for the pain. (See how easy I am? I'm a sucker for compliments).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home