Cyclothymic Cister

Before the Internet, I used to lie in bed at night composing thoughts as if I were talking to a wise entity. (An actual face never came to mind). I would re-word and re-phrase the thoughts till they were crystal clear. Now I can blog. And hopefully, there are a lot of wise people with real faces out there who might just comment back.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Keep it Under Wraps

At work today we had a discussion about how JC Penney department store has a perpetual BIG SALE. I commented rather jokingly that the only sales I liked are when Penney’s gives out huge chocolate bars as you enter. Inside the wrapper you’ll find the percentage of discount you get off the merchandise that day. Some are greater discounts than others.

Well, my co-worked said that she grabs about five candy bars and discreetly opens them all to find the biggest discount offer.

I must be naive, but I NEVER take more than one candy bar. It has never even occurred to me to do so. Am I a prude? Or am I just missing out on extra chocolate and bigger discounts?

3 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Anonymous AJ said...

I don’t think I would consider taking more than one candy bar either. However, (and I am a pretty honest individual) the perpetual sale thing and all the gimmicks and commercials that JC Penney uses irritate me as well. And if someone is devious enough to attempt to beat them at their own game, more power to them. I sort of think the store is just asking for it. But I don’t think I would take extra candy myself. Unless I was PMSing.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger hanmee said...

I don't think it would have occurred to me either.

But now that it has, if I were to pass such a display, I would feel guilty if I did, and like a sucker if I didn't...

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Cyclothymic Cister said...

Well put, chunky!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home