Cyclothymic Cister

Before the Internet, I used to lie in bed at night composing thoughts as if I were talking to a wise entity. (An actual face never came to mind). I would re-word and re-phrase the thoughts till they were crystal clear. Now I can blog. And hopefully, there are a lot of wise people with real faces out there who might just comment back.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Christian Hunter—Oxymoron?


Today I got behind a very nice pickup truck that had REAL MEN LOVE JESUS on the tailgate printed in big letters. Also, attached to the bumper in the sitting position, was an animated deer with a bull’s-eye on its chest. Somehow those two images just don’t go together.

(Before I get hate messages: I'm not saying that Christians shouldn't hunt. I'm just saying the too images clash when displayed at the same time).

4 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Blogger aj-today said...

No, you were right the first time. Christians shouldn't hunt. Or at least shouldn't WANT to hunt.

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Cyclothymic Cister said...

aj,
point well taken.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger warcrygirl said...

God put those animals on the planet for us to eat, there's nothing wrong with hunting as long as it's done responsibly.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Cyclothymic Cister said...

warcrygirl,
I agree. That was not my point. My point was that the message about loving Jesus was serious. The cartoonish looking deer with a bullseye on it was a stark contrast to the Christian message. It wouldn't have been so bad if the deer was shown as the noble creature that it is. I think the driver of the truck showed total disrespect for onr og God's creatures.

Also, I do not think that just BECAUSE one is a Christian, that he shouldn't hunt. I do not believe hunting in itself is wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home