Cyclothymic Cister

Before the Internet, I used to lie in bed at night composing thoughts as if I were talking to a wise entity. (An actual face never came to mind). I would re-word and re-phrase the thoughts till they were crystal clear. Now I can blog. And hopefully, there are a lot of wise people with real faces out there who might just comment back.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Man Purses and Annoying Noises


My husband and I have a rental house that we are getting ready to sell. It is about 20 miles away. We loaded up his one-ton truck and trailer with necessary tools, paint, lawn equipment, etc. on Sataurday to do work on the property. When we got there, my husband said, “You’re gonna kill me. I left the keys at home.”

That proves my sister’s point that MEN SHOULD CARRY PURSES.

Read her comment to me via email when I asked for comments on purses:

My biggest peeve about purses is why the hell don't men carry them? My husband is always misplacing his stuff. Today he went to work and forgot his (security) pass. This is not good. When he comes home at the end of the day his car keys end up one place, wallet in another, cell phone who knows where, and his badge usually still attached to his work shirt. Damn men are stupid too!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Dear Husband drove all the way back home to get the keys.

While he was gone, I did some exterior painting. All the while a bulldozer was in operation next door. Every few seconds it would back up making that annoying beep, beep, beep sound. That noise invaded my every thought. I was cursing with every other brush stroke. Finally I started singing, “I’ve got peace like a river,” thinking that would help. It didn’t.

Just as I was finished painting, the bulldozer stopped. By then husband arrived back with the keys so I went inside to paint the bathroom.

The toilet leaks. So every few seconds the toilet made a swish sound. Why can’t I get away from annoying freaking noises?!?!

Then dear husband comes in and says, “You know the dozer next door? The man operating it said he would make a pass down our driveway to widen it and to refresh the gravel. Isn’t that great? I was gonna have to rent a dozer that would cost me a fortune.”

“How much is he going to charge?” I asked.

“I don’t know, but it will be worth it. But I don’t have a check book or anything with me,” he said.

“I do. I carry a purse.”

3 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger kat said...

LOL!!! Well done! (Actually, I see more and more guys carrying "purses" in my area, but they are more like smallish messenger or DJ bags.)

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger kat said...

Oh, and I was totally relating to annoying noises! Bleh!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger hanmee said...

My hubby has a habit of putting everything down on the kitchen ledge next to the door. It's all in one place, but it's so annoying because there's so much of it.

I had some small wooden boxes (that you can stick in a drawer to organize it) so I stuck one of those on the shelf so it would just look tidier.

Now if I could just get him to stick his receipts in the shred bag. (I've told him, but he still doesn't do it...) My peeve is finding random receipts on the kitchen counter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home