Cyclothymic Cister

Before the Internet, I used to lie in bed at night composing thoughts as if I were talking to a wise entity. (An actual face never came to mind). I would re-word and re-phrase the thoughts till they were crystal clear. Now I can blog. And hopefully, there are a lot of wise people with real faces out there who might just comment back.

Friday, May 26, 2006

What is the Perfect Purse?


Years ago I belonged to a writers group (It has been about 10 or 12 years since I last attended). Last week I ran into an old friend from the group. As it turns out, the group still meets at the same time and same place. My friend encouraged me to come to the next meeting. So Tue. night I went. As this friend was introducing me to the new members, she mentioned a humorous how-to article that I had written way back when. It was titled, “How to Purchase the Perfect Purse.” She commented that she never buys a purse without thinking about that article.

Just as we were about to adjourn, the moderator, who had been hindered from getting there on time, showed up. (She has been the moderator all these years, a retired English professor). At the end of our meeting she came up to me with all seriousness. I thought she was going to ask about my elderly mother or something equally as weighty. I was caught off guard when she pointed to my purse and said, “Your purse has two straps.” You see, that was one of the things to avoid when picking out a purse.

This moderator did not know of the previous comments about the purse article. But evidently the “perfect purse” piece had stuck in her mind, as well. It appears that I should pull that article out of the archives and solicit it.

By the way, do you have your own criteria for picking out a purse?

2 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

The purfect purse has to be so cute that I want to make out with it. I don't care about anything else.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger KC said...

Peeved: LOL!!!!

This is a topic of such serious import that I barely know where to start. As a photographer, I try to find things that will actually hold me (now stolen, sigh) digital SLR, along with contact lens solutions, lip balm, pen and paper, sunglasses, water bottle, and sometimes, lunch. And it needs to be cute, too. It's a daunting task. Backpacks tend to work best, even if passe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home