Cyclothymic Cister

Before the Internet, I used to lie in bed at night composing thoughts as if I were talking to a wise entity. (An actual face never came to mind). I would re-word and re-phrase the thoughts till they were crystal clear. Now I can blog. And hopefully, there are a lot of wise people with real faces out there who might just comment back.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Complicated Lunch


I had a microwaveable meal for lunch today. I thought it would be quick and easy. After all, I had other things to do for lunch besides eat. But noooooo. . . First you have to peel back film over the vegetables. Keep the rest of the meal covered with film but poke holes in it. Then cook three minutes, then turn the meat and stir the potatoes. Cook three more minutes. Then poke vent in the gravy packet and place on top of the original film on the meal and cook another three minutes. Then uncover, then recover, then stir and turn and rotate, taste test, put back in for 35 seconds. Then let sit for two minutes. Then put ice cube in tray to cool enough to eat so you won't be late getting back to work.

6 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger Peeved Michelle said...

That irritates me so much! I just pick an amout of time and hope it cooks enough to be edible. I refuse to do any more work than that for a microwave meal.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger warcrygirl said...

I haven't eaten a microwave meal in a while, sounds like it hasn't changed all that much. You could have saved time by cooking a meal instead!

Saw your post over at My Husband's Crap and thought I'd pop over and say hello.

Hello!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger hanmee said...

I am too lazy for all that. I just set it for the max time range listed. I don't poke holes. I just pull back half of the plastic cover and let it fall back so it's loose and will vent, but still covered. It helps most of the time.

I probably miss a little something in not following the directions exactly, but not enough to care :).

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Cyclothymic Cister said...

Hi Waycrygirl. Thanks for visiting. I have viewed your profile (before now) and I got a good chuckle out of how you start your profile. You could have just as easily said you love angels, teddy bears and hearts. Ugggh. I never went in for that sort of thing either. I'll be talking to you again, I'm sure.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger KC said...

LOL!!! So true.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

how frustrating! at that point i probably would have just tossed it.

the other day i microwaved a meal and it looked literally like barf.

i didn't eat it. it's in my fridge still.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home